Automatic Unicode Converter AutoUniConv
The AutoUniConv Unicode converter enables you to convert texts from various character sets to Unicode - automatically as the converter is able to identify the input's charset.
AutoUniConv is particularly suitable if you do not know the input's charset or if you want to process documents that may be encoded in different charsets.
Different, false or not specified charsets may complicate the processing of text. Misinterpreted characters (for example "Ã¶" instead of German umlaut "ö") are not only distracting for humans - they may even lead to failures in processing data.
Therefore it is useful to convert data from different charsets to a single one to get a uniform basis. Unicode is the most suitable encoding to unify different charsets and their specifically covered languages.
The Unicode Converter AutoUniConv is available as...
software development kit
(C library with additional bindings for other programming languages)
- free Windows application
Free Application Request
Quote for SDK Request
Advantages Using the AutoUniConv Unicode Converter
- Character sets of a variety of families are supported, covering ISO-8859, Windows, Code Pages, Mac and Unicode encodings. See supported input character sets below.
- You need not know or specify the input's charset - AutoUniConv includes an auto detection for character charsets!
- The output will be encoded in one of the Unicode Transformation Formats. You benefit from a widely spread character set that allows to represent every language of the world in a single charset.
- You may choose from a set of UTFs according to your needs. For example UTF-8 is appropriate for web applications whereas UTF-16 is the better choice if you work with Java or Windows.
- AutoUniConv easily unifies your data to enable an optimal processing.
Output: Convert to Unicode
AutoUniConv converts every supported charset to Unicode and supports the following Unicode Transformation Formats (UTF):
- UTF-16BE ("Big Endian")
- UTF-16LE ("Little Endian")
- UTF-32BE ("Big Endian")
- UTF-32LE ("Little Endian")
Input: Supported Character Sets
AutoUniConv automatically identifies and converts 39 character sets from different families. These cover both modern and common charsets as well as a set of legacy charsets.
Text from one of the following charsets can be converted to one of the supported Unicode Transformation Formats, automatically:
Unicode Transformation Formats